- Girl Child Freedom at the Grassroot (GCFG) has been working to uphold the rights of the girl child to ensure that those at the grassroots gets every opportunity to realise their potential. By celebrating, protecting and educating the girl child, we empower her. By empowering the girl child, we empower their communities which means empowering the nation. We are dedicated to fight against Girl Child sexual abuse by organizing and implementing programmes to educate and enlighten girls at the grass root level of every community in order to improve the safety of the girl child and to ensure that positive change is enthroned in the society. The Girl Child Freedom at the Grassroot is registered with the CAC and declare its work as “Non-Governmental Organization/ Non-Profit Organization and has earned recognition as an organization of repute by the Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Development and National Orientation Agency (NOA)Federal Inland Revenue among others. GCFG is also has partnership with other NGOs such as Nigeria Network for NGOs.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
- The organization is dedicated to promoting an end to Girl Child sexual abuse in all communities by organizing and implementing programmes to educate and enlighten girls at the grassroot level of every community in order to improve the safety of the girl child and to ensure that positive change is enthroned in the society.
- We are committed to promoting the rights and freedom of the Girl Child while ensuring that these rights are protected from all sorts of abuse.
- We are as an organization are committed to promoting the empowerment of the Girl Child at every level through all forms of advocacy and enlighten programmes.
- We as an organization intend to achieve 1-3 above through our partners, Government agencies, Law enforcement agents, Civil Society organizations, Non-Governmental agencies, International Organizations as well as other well-meaning individuals and groups who are committed to work with us to tackle and provide solutions to the issues confronting the Girl Child.
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
Nwaiwu Ezinwa Chinonso
Nwaiwu Chinedu C
Mrs Ikeme ChinyereCounsellor
Dr Umeilechukwu Chiamaka Milvet CMedical Adviser
Mrs Fatima DanjumaAdviser
OUR MANAGEMENT BOARD
Aputazie Chinyere Laura Esq
OUR ADVISORY BOARD
ADOLESCENT GIRLS ADVISORY BOARD
ESTHER IFEOMA .O